Thursday, December 8, 2011

deal of the day

Every morning when I wake up, I make a deal with myself. I try to make these deals attainable but challenging for my current lifestyle. They are little mini goals to get me motivated for the day ahead. The deal of the day today is to get outside for my workout. I am in desparate need of a nap today so I am going to nap when the kids do. My plan is to bundle the kids up, put Dom in the stroller and Rowan in the front pack after nap and hit the pavement walking. This deal with myself gets us all fresh air and gets me a different form of working out since all I have done since last tuesday is my elliptical machine.
I challenge you all to make a deal with yourself, no matter how small, just to keep your motivation up. Beware of food deals since they tend to lend to slacking off in the nutrition department. Case in point is what I have done the past two nights; DJ has brought pizza home the past two nights. I am a pizza lover, especially thin crust so he is enabling me and my bad habits. Thus I have eaten late at night and after I have already eaten dinner. Yesterday I didn't go over my caloric allowance, but the day before I did. I even worked out extra hard yesterday to make up for the extra caloric intake from the day before. My only saving grace yesterday was the fact I forgot to eat lunch so I was really low in my intake before he came home with the pizza. Alas I must take the blame upon myself letting my will power wane. I made the deal in my head that because I had worked out, I deserved the pizza. WRONG! Avoid those food rewards at all costs! Reward yourself instead with new music, workout clothes, shoes, pedicures, manicures, movies, etc. The biggest reward you can give yourself is better health and quality of life now and in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's so hard to keep vigilant about calories in. I do great on the exercise part - I just tend to over snack!

    Thanks for coming by my blog and entering my giveaway :-)

    ReplyDelete