Thursday, January 19, 2012

holiday season

Now that the holidays are over...who am I kidding, they have been over for almost 3 weeks...I can get back to blogging on a regular basis. I've been doing what can be expected of a mother, working when I can and playing with my kids during every roller coaster day. Life as a mother certainly is a ride I wouldn't change for the world, but some days I just want some adult conversation and interaction. You know, where I am not trying to decipher what is being said to me by Dom and listening to a cooing baby. I do appreciate being able to stay home with my kids and being able to see them learn and grow. I cherish the awesomeness watching Dom learn and seeing his "ah ha" moments. I love cooing with Rowan and playing on the floor with both boys. I know somedays are hard and I have to pray to get through them, but usually I am praying that tomorrow will be better. I pray that the good days and moments out weigh the bad. I want to be able to look back on these challenging days raising my kids and say :"wow, what a wild ride!" I know my job as a parent will never end. I know this because there are still days when I lean on my parents and/or my in-laws. The difference now is that I fully appreciate everything they have done and will do for me in the future. I do chores unasked when we visit because I know how much laundry there really is to be folded and how many dishes pile up by the end of the day. I thank my parents for instilling good morals and values in my brother and I, though I think we were force fed it sometimes:) As an adult I can challenge them more, but I do it out of the need for a good debate instead of just to be contrary. I love my parents and I love them more for continuing to be supportive and be the parent every child needs. Thank you Mom and Dad.
But I digress. Even with adult conversation and interaction, it sometimes isn't enough. Let's be real, not all adults act their age. Thus my need for a debate is not always filled. Luckily I married an amazing man who will talk when I want to listen and listen when I need to talk. DJ is well educated and knows when I need a challenging conversation. Thank You.
I could probably ramble on about this for a few more paragraphs, but I bet there are better things to accomplish. I need to feed Rowan, take a shower and get us all ready for a trip to the airport (hopefully the runways open soon). Here comes my BFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment